Located in Victoria, British Columbia on beautiful Vancouver Island, Ocean River is one of the premier speciality kayak and adventure companies in North America. Brian Henry, the founder & current owner, has been running Ocean River since 1981, and Ocean River continues to be recognised as one of the most significant outdoor/paddlesports instructional & tours provider in North America.
Ocean River Rentals
Want to go paddling alone or with friends? Renting a kayak, stand-up paddle board is a great activity and alternative to owning your own boat or board. Rent for an afternoon and explore the waters of Downtown Victoria and Oak Bay. Rent a boat for a few days and take off on your own adventure – as long as you have the necessary safety knowledge and proper transporting equipment for our gear.
Rental Kayaks & SUPs
No matter what you are looking for we have you covered. Our fleet is the largest in town and is comprised of the highest quality watercraft. Large or small, we’ll have a boat or stand-up paddle board to fit you and get you out on the water! We are following strict WorkSafe BC and Covid-19 guidelines while getting you safely on the water.
Time Downtown Single Kayak/Paddleboard Downtown Tandem Oak Bay single Oak Bay Tandem 2 Hours $50 Single Kayak/ $40 SUP $79 $50 Kayak/ $40 SUP $79 3 Hours $60 Single or SUP $89 $60 $89 1 Day $100 Single or SUP $150 Tandem -Paddle Canada Level 2 Certification needed for all full day or overnight rentals- – Add day $75 Single or SUP $100 Tandem – –
- In the winter, rentals are dependant on your skill level, the weather, and the availability of our staff. Please call or e-mail in advance.
- Off-site rentals available. You must have adequate roof racks, straps and foam/cradles to safely transport a kayak/SUP. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-381-4233 to arrange.
- Are you a local? We have a local’s punch card available to help you save! Ask us about our punch cards.
- All rental prices include safety gear.
- Safety Gear
All Rentals Include All Mandatory Safety Gear
- Spray skirt
- Leash for SUP
Optional equipment: Spare paddle and/or paddle float.
- Purchase a Gift Certificate
Looking for the gift of adventure? Buy a Gift Certificate Here
Downtown Paddle Shack
450 Swift St, Victoria,
By appointment only Sept 17th, 2023- February 29th, 2024 (Please email)
Opening March 1st, 2024.
Oak Bay Paddle Shack
1327 Beach Drive Victoria, BC
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Opening MaY 1st, 2024.
Ph: (250) 507-7163