Located in Victoria, British Columbia on beautiful Vancouver Island, Ocean River is one of the premier speciality kayak and adventure companies in North America. Brian Henry, the founder & current owner, has been running Ocean River since 1981, and Ocean River continues to be recognised as one of the most significant outdoor/paddlesports instructional & tours provider in North America.
End Of The Americas.
A Mothership Kayak Expedition.
Patagonia Chile | Dec 28, 2022 – Jan 1, 2023 (Dates may be updated)
Presented by Ocean River Sports in partnership with Gear Up Adventures Inc.
(Deposits now being taken to hold your spot. Full refund if dates or updated price do not fit your schedule or budget.)
Our kayak Mothership program in Patagonia, with capacity for 20 customers, will bring us a very personal and exclusive trip.
While we strive to make this itinerary as accurate as possible, it should be considered an approximate schedule of activities rather than a rigid schedule of events. Trip itineraries are also subject to revision due to weather conditions, road or trail conditions, government restrictions, and other factors beyond our control. We will be available to you 24/7 during the expedition as we coordinate and strive to ensure the accuracy of this experience as planned.
This trip consists of beginner to moderate levels of paddling with opportunities for more challenge on a case by case basis. There is a 3.5 hour flight to Punta Arenas, once on Santiago, and a 1.5 hour van transportation to reach the point of embarkment.
As we will be traveling on a ship, you must be aware that accommodations on board might be more cozy than you are used to. Nevertheless this doesn’t mean that it would affect your experience.
Weather is highly unpredictable at the end of the world; it’s not uncommon to experience all four seasons in one day.
This Kayak Expedition includes
- Domestic return airfare Santiago to Punta arenas.
- Private Transportation as identified in the itinerary.
- 4 nights / 5 days aboard mothership.
- Full capacity for 20 customers.
- All inclusive ( meals, drinks and accommodation based on shared room with 4 twin bed) as per above itinerary .
- All kayaks, safety gear, paddling gear (including dry suites).
- SKGABC, Paddle Canada and ACA, certified guides.
- Bilingual guides and trip leader .
- Medical attention and evacuations NOT requiring third party.
- All associated fees, park entrance costs.
- Travel and cancellation insurance.
- Covid Insurance.
- Pre or post trip options.
- Taxes on package price.
- International flights.
- Meals or drinks outside of itinerary.
- Medical and evacuation expenses for use of third party services.
- Passport and Visa fees.
- Tips for guides and crew.
- Excess baggage fees.
- Any personal expenses and incidentals.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Gear Up Adventures Inc.
- Any and all charges or costs associated with anything outside of the itinerary
Price: $4,700* USD (subject to change for 2022)
Details are available upon request.
Please complete the form below.
Pre/Post Trip Options
We can help you extend your Chilean experience, and create a once-in-a-lifetime trip, by assisting you with bookings for extra activities to fulfill your dream adventure in South America.
Choose your own adventure! A world-class destination, Chile has a lot to offer.
We’ll work with you to make your trip an experience unforgettable—we can even take you to Argentina, if you choose!
Our expert and owner of Gear Up Adventure will personally work with you to make this trip something you will never forget, check out the list of options below.
- Living the “Gaucho” life
- Nat Geo top 50 rides
- Jaw dropping landscapes
- Full Patagonia traditional Asado (BBQ)
- For all levels and experience
- Add more paddling to your trip
- Rivers, lakes, and ocean
- Floating icebergs
- Chile’s largest and most remote national park
- From half days to multi day trips
- Gear Up Adventures Inc – Copyright 2021. All Rights Reserved
- World-class destinations.
- Varying levels.
- Amazing landscapes.
- Car based to multiday hikes.
- All types of accommodation.
- Top 3 rafting rivers in the world
- Safety international standards
- Northern Patagonia
- Half day, Full day and Multiday Programs.
- Great success rate
- Intimate Experience
- BBC and Nat Geo documentary filmed here
- Programs full day to multiday.
- Stunning locations
- Pristine waters
- World class fly fishing destination
- Half-day to multi days offerings
- 25lbs club possibility
- Historical and natural history
- Culinary experiences
- Soft adventures
- Gastronomic tour
- Worlds driest dessert
- Internationally renown star gazing
- Multi sport activities (trekking, sandboarding, cultural, biking).
- Destination travel i.e. Moon and Mars Valley, geysers,
- Main regional airport 1.5 hours away via ground transport
- Private airstrip in the town of Sand Pedro de Atacama
- Coastal Cities (1-3 hours)
- From Santiago, visit near by Concon, Valparaiso (Pablo Neruda), Pichilemu (surf capital), Vina del Mar for day or overnight trips
- Wine routes (full day to multi-day)
- Museums and history
- Hot spring and spa life.
- Volcanos natural attraction, full day hiking.
- Outdoor activities, Rafting and biking.
- Cultural ethnic.
- Monkey tree.
Cancellation and Refund
If you must cancel your trip (or any portion thereof), a cancellation fee will apply: refunds depend on the timing of the cancellation. Gear Up Adventures Inc. is not able to offer a refund for any unused accommodations, services or features once the trip has commenced.
- Customers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- We will keep using masks in confined spaces.
- Our guides and crew will be fully vaccinated.