Located in Victoria, British Columbia on beautiful Vancouver Island, Ocean River is one of the premier speciality kayak and adventure companies in North America. Brian Henry, the founder & current owner, has been running Ocean River since 1981, and Ocean River continues to be recognised as one of the most significant outdoor/paddlesports instructional & tours provider in North America.
Trip prices are quoted per person, in Canadian funds and are valid in the specific time frame as shown with the tours. If using a credit card to secure your reservation, exchange rates will be determined by the issuing credit card company.
Trip Deposit & Payments
Day Tours and Introductory Courses – Will be paid at the time of booking the tour. This will either be done with our online booking system or by telephone or in person with Ocean River Adventures. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Debit Card or Cash—sorry no personal cheques.
100% payment required upon registration for any Day Tour or Introductory Course.
If you need to cancel from a Day Tour or Introductory Course, the following conditions will apply:
- A full refund will be provided if you cancel at least 7 days prior the course or tour start date;
- A 50% refund will be given if you cancel after within 7 days of the course or tour start date;
- No refund will be given if you cancel within 24 hours of the course or tour start time.
If Ocean River Adventures needs to cancel a Day Tour or Introductory Course:
- Ocean River Adventures reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure, due to west coast weather and other situations beyond our control. If Ocean River Adventures cancels a Day Tour or Introductory Course at any time prior to the start time, a full refund will be issued, or you may reschedule to another tour or course on a different date. Ocean River Adventures is not responsible for any expenses incurred by trip guests in preparation for the course or tour.
Overnight Tours and Multi-Day Courses– We require a per person deposit which holds your space until 30-days prior to the trip/course date. Trip deposits are as follows;
- 50% deposit for Overnight Tours and Multi-Day Courses.
- Deposit payment can be either a VISA or MasterCard.
- Balance / Full payment is due at least 30 days before the tour/course.
- Full refund of deposit will be given if cancelled prior to 30 days of the tour/course
- No refund will be issued if cancelled within 30 days.
We will automatically process the outstanding balance 30-days prior to your trip departure date unless notified to do otherwise.
Some exceptions to these payment policies can happen for special programs and tours due to partnerships Ocean River is involved with in order to offer some exceptional tours and programs. These exceptions will be noted on the particular information documents for these tours.
Final payment can be made with either VISA, MasterCard, Debit Card or Cash, sorry no personal cheques.
If you need to cancel a tour or course you are signed up for, you can transfer your payments and spot on the tour or course to someone else. We will require their full information for our registration.
IF WE NEED TO CANCEL – Overnight tours and Multi-day course.
Due to the nature of operating in coastal wilderness areas, Ocean River Adventures reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure, for any reason. A minimum of 14 days’ notice prior to the trip departure date would be given. In such an event a full trip refund will be issued, or at your choice re-scheduling to another tour or course or a custom tour created especially for you. Ocean River Adventures is not responsible for any expenses incurred by trip guests in preparation for the trip.
Trip Cancellation Insurance is for or your protection, we recommend that you obtain Trip Cancellation Insurance. A short-term travel insurance policy can cover non-refundable trip costs due to personal or family illness or accident.
Trip cancellation insurance is recommended if you need to travel to Vancouver Island. This insurance is to protect you if any problems happen that may force the cancellation of the tour or course. Insurance can be purchased from your local insurance or travel agent.
If a trip is delayed due to weather, cancelled or delayed flights, or other means of transportation, illness, or any situation which Ocean River Adventures or its agents cannot make provisions for, the cost of delay is not included.
Trip Participant Responsibility
We strongly advise that you to check your personal insurance coverage. Ensure that you have sufficient health and personal injury insurance coverage should you require medical or hospital services during your visit to British Columbia. For detailed information on insurance coverage, please contact your insurance or travel agent.
Ocean River Adventures does not provide:
- personal or health insurance of any kind;
- any coverage for medical costs, hospitalization costs, or evacuation costs should they be incurred for your safety or health during the course or the tour;
- any costs incurred for evacuation should you need to, or decide to leave a trip before the scheduled return time.
Guests traveling with us are expected to follow trip safety guidelines in accordance with trip leader direction.
All trip participants will be required to sign a ‘Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumptions of Risk, & Indemnity Agreement’ and complete a ‘Medical History Questionnaire’, in advance of the trip departure date. Release of Liability/ Waiver
Any trip participant under the age of 19 years will be required to have a legal guardian sign for them.